Welcome to Remembrall, a community dedicated to the numerous obscure characters and rare pairings in the Harry Potterverse. (Can you remembr-all of them? *groan*)
If you're looking for a place to discuss your undying love for Harry/Draco fics, or if you wish to comment upon how Professor Snape is a smoking hot sex god, perhaps this community is not for you.
On the other hand, if you want to speculate about Alastor Moody's past, discuss your new Dobby/Crookshanks fic, or ask why anyone would pair Quentin Trimble with Gladys Gudgeon, you've come to the right place.
Unlike the lovely community potterpast, Remembrall focuses on no specific era. Discussion of the canon-era (and Marauder-era) is fine, provided said discussion focuses on lesser-known characters and/or rare pairings.
1. Be somewhat polite. Senseless hatred, personal insults, trolling, and spam are frowned upon. On the other hand, witty and eloquent snarkiness is permissable.
2. Please don't join without having read the books. For a community devoted to obscure canon characters, a working knowledge of the canon is...rather necessary. Posts such as "Who is Albus Dumbledore, again?" only make you look stupid. And you don't want that, do you?
3. No netspeak. Common abbreviations such as "lol" are all right once in awhile, but please use "you" and "your" instead of "u" and "ur," etc. Fanon abbreviations for pairings (SS/HG instead of Severus Snape/Hermione Granger) and for terms (MS instead of Mary Sue) are fine. An Important Note: OC stands for Original Character. OOC stands for Out Of Character. OCC stands for Obscure Canon Character.
4. Please stay on-topic. For example:
What is on topic? - Discussion about why you like to include certain obscure canon characters in your writing. - Speculation about obscure canon characters. - Discussion about rare pairings. Note: Pairings need not be OCC/OCC. While discussion about Hermione Granger would not normally be appropriate here, you could mention her as half of a rare pairing (i.e. Filch/Hermione). - Posting your own material featuring a rare pairing or obscure character. (See guidelines below.)
What is OFF topic? - Discussion about major canon characters. - Discussion about original characters and requests for beta-readers. Check out Fiction Alley Park's forums on writing. - Posts not relating to the Harry Potter books. - Advertisements for RPGs, HP merchandise, and other communities. If you absolutely must, please make it a postscript to an on-topic post.
Guidelines for posting your own writing: - All ratings and genres are welcome, but put all R and NC-17 rated material behind an LJ-cut. - Slash need not be LJ-cut just for slashy content if it's PG-13 or tamer. - Drabbles are welcome, but if you have more than one, please post them together. - Please LJ-cut all fics over 700 words. - If you have a very long one-shot or a chaptered work, please just post a summary and link. - Filks, parodies, and fic challenges are welcome.
How obscure is obscure, and how rare is rare?
- Main characters in the books are not obscure. Nor are characters with an enormous fan following, about whom thousands of fanfics have been written. (Harry, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, Draco, Snape, Lupin, Sirius, Fred and George, and others who are equally "popular" are not rare characters.) Note: While James, Sirius, and Lily haven't had as much book time as others, they've been done to death in the fandom. Please only mention them if you have to. ;)
- All characters and animals included in this community's interests are suitable. (While Ginny, Percy, Bill and Charlie Weasley, Professor Flitwick, Minerva McGonagall, and Dean Thomas might not be as obscure as, say, Bathilda Bagshott, they aren't major players in the books and haven't had as much attention in the fandom as Harry, Ron, and Hermione have.)
- Rare pairings, in this community, are any pairings that haven't been done a million times already. (Like Snape/Harry, Snape/Hermione, Harry/Ginny, etc.) Pairings that are somewhat common (Tom/Ginny, Albus/Minerva, Arthur/Molly) are fine, as are the really out-there ones, like Katie Bell/Madam Hooch. Threesomes and pairings with animals are fine, too.
The mod for this community is tartanshell. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Please also feel free to check out our sister community, were_delusional! :)